Location: Home Based
Alive in Afghanistan (AiA) is looking for a Translator to interpret written, audio and video pieces in Dari and Pashto, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone. Translator responsibilities include reading/watching interviews and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using a timecode based method to translate. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in the two languages in addition to English. Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content with time codes, where necessary, that meet our internal needs and help AiA reach a broader audience.
- Watch interviews and read given material and research industry-specific terminology.
- Convert text, audio and visual recordings from Dari and Pashto to English.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Prepare subtitles with timecodes for video interviews.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with the Managing Editor to ensure translation meets the needs of AiA.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format.
The job of the translator requires excellent time-management skills to deliver work in a timely manner. The translator will work on a word count basis.
Do you speak Dari or Pashto? Or do you speak both? You can now work with us!
Female candidates are encouraged to apply under AiA's mission of gender equality.
Please send your CV to the following email: AliveinAfghanistan@gmail.com